Tuesday 20 May 2014

Swing! Bada bada swing!

We went to our first baseball game at Tokyo Dome last week. I had never been to a baseball game before so I can't compare it to baseball anywhere else in the world but it was a lot of fun. There was cheering, and towel swinging and mini umbrella waving.




 We saw the Tokyo Yomiuri Giants play the Tokyo Yakult Swallows. I had intended on supporting the Giants as it was their home game but then I spotted this  Swallows player in my field of vision.


I also made friends with the two girls next to me who further convinced me that the Swallows were a better choice :)


Beer was supplied by these lovely ladies lugging back packs of the good stuff up and down the stairs.

 There were also cheerleaders and mascots.


Oh and apparently there were was a baseball game going on. I didn't pay all the much attention till my man Balentien came out to bat.


If we go again, I will be investing in the following equipment: mini umbrella to wave when the Swallows get a run (its a subtle hint to the opposing pitcher to head to the showers) and some noise making sticks. Guess I better learn some of those crazy chants too.

Oh yeah, Johnny Knoxville is a fan of the Swallows too, I'm totally getting on board.


No comments:

Post a Comment