Tuesday 25 March 2014

Sayonara Melbourne, Konichiwa Tokyo

Armed with 16 hours of Japanese lessons and 45kg of luggage I arrived in Tokyo a week ago to join my partner, Chris, who has been living here since the start of December. We are lucky enough to be staying in Tokyo for about a year via a transfer with Chris' work. The Japanese seem pretty relaxed about what food items you bring into the country so we bought in a kilo of vegemite and a kilo of cadbury chocolate, thanks Costco.

My favourite parts of our Tokyo apartment:

The awesome heated toilet seat, who doesn't appreciate a warm seat on a cold day?
Was a little freaky having a warm seat at the public toilets but I'm total into it now.


And the giant shower room, hello super strong water pressure! And you can splash as much as you like without soaking your towel :)



Took me awhile to work out the oven but was very happy to discover it is also a microwave. 

Tiny apartment but giant bathroom. Tiny kitchen but huge sink. Also giant king size bed, which I have discovered I can sleep in sideways. I think I can work with this!

While wondering around looking for our local supermarket I spotted a small curtained area at the edge of a park. Being a nosy type, I decided to stick my head in and discovered a men's urinal area. Luckily I was super ninja and the guy using the faciliites didn't even turn around, although I am sure I let out a squeak as I withdrew my head back behind the curtain.

On further investigation I discovered the park was actually the Hie-jinja shrine in Akasaka. I decided to sit down with the locals eating their lunch and get my bearings again.


Also spotted this cute pet store on my walk home. All the puppies had their own bottles and toys, not sure where the go to the toilet though??


No comments:

Post a Comment